The Accountant holds the responsibility of ensuring adherence to established standards and criteria in accounts and financial records. The role involves analyzing financial documents, recording and verifying transactions, and overseeing payroll checks. Meeting deadlines and fostering collaboration within the finance team and the organization are crucial aspects of this position.
Constant improvement of routines and processes within the finance department is a key focus, with an emphasis on documentation. Active participation in departmental projects is expected.
- Ensure compliance with financial standards and criteria.
- Collect and verify financial information accurately.
- Maintain the general ledger and handle daily financial transactions.
- Participate in reporting processes (monthly, quarterly, and year-end).
- Reconcile balance sheets and oversee expense handling.
- Manage bank reconciliations and payments.
- Handle tax declarations, employer's declarations, and VAT reporting.
- Document controls following SOX requirements.
- Utilize knowledge of systems (D365, ExFlow, ADRA, Nmbrs, Accountor Expense).
- Contribute to the implementation of system tools.
- Prepare and verify financial statements and reports.
- Resolve financial issues and conduct audits.
- Develop and establish routines and processes.
- Provide finance support to the organization.
Your profile and background
The ideal candidate for this position is someone with good problem-solving skills and the ability to excel under pressure. They should possess excellent time management capabilities, ensuring the consistent meeting of deadlines. Strong delegation skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a team are key attributes we are seeking. Moreover, fluency in both spoken and written Swedish and English is essential, with English being the corporate language.
- Degree or equivalent in accounting/economics.
- Over 5 years of experience in various accounting roles.
- Experience in a larger corporate environment.
- Knowledge of closing procedures, accounting duties, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Proficient in financial computer software.
- Strong understanding of mathematics.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
Are you the person we’re describing above? Then take this chance and apply for the position immediately!
All applications are handled by Bravura Executive. Calliditas has an exclusive partnership with Bravura Executive regarding this recruitment. We kindly request that other external recruitment companies refrain from contacting us & Calliditas about this job posting.
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!
Calliditas is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO®, conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO® and by China’s National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) Nefecon®. TARPEYO, KINPEYGO® and Nefecon® are the first and only treatments approved for IgA nephropathy.
Calliditas also has a pipeline in orphan-focused indications. Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, Setanaxib.
Calliditas is led by an experienced and dedicated management team with an average of more than 15 years of prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including at leading companies such as GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer and AstraZeneca. The board of directors includes highly qualified researchers, pharmaceutical sector executives and experts in drug development, corporate development and pharmaceutical commercialization. Calliditas is also supported by its Scientific Steering Committee, a highly regarded network of leading experts, that serve as external advisors and investigators on clinical trials.
Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (CALTX) and Nasdaq Global Select Market (CALT)