Calliditas is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted accelerated approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO® and conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO®.
TARPEYO and KINPEYGO® are the first treatments approved for IgA nephropathy by the FDA and EMA, respectively.
Calliditas also has a pipeline in orphan-focused indications. Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, setanaxib.
Calliditas’ common shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and its American Depositary Shares are listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
There are two (2) Medical Director, Nephrology roles available that will be a part of the US Medical Affairs team and will serve as scientific liaisons to the medical/scientific community. The MDNs will be responsible for establishing, developing, and maintaining relationships with prominent experts and clinicians throughout the US, and ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, ethical, and customer-focused manner. These remote positions will also implement clinical and educational strategies in collaboration with colleagues from Medical Affairs and Clinical Development to support Calliditas-sponsored trials and educational initiatives, including investigator-initiated studies. The MDNs will work to strategically align key customers’ educational and research needs with available resources and provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries. This will include, where appropriate, presentations to P&T Committees and others where expertise on Calliditas products is requested.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Network and partner with important external customers, including medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, managed care decision makers, and pharmacy directors in alignment with applicable compliance, legal, and regulatory guidelines.
- Understand, integrate, and effectively communicate scientific/medical information and value of Calliditas’ products to the medical community and other key internal and external audiences to implement the latest clinical and medical thinking and guidelines into clinical practice.
- Prioritize and work effectively in a self-directed manner in a constantly changing environment, including ability to obtain, integrate, and communicate customer feedback.
- Collaborate effectively with all cross-functional teams to identify opportunities, clinical data gaps and needs, and contribute towards addressing them via communication of scientific, medical, and health economic information.
- Identify and develop potential new medical or clinical advocates and collaborators to drive Calliditas scientific platform.
- Work closely with Medical Affairs leadership to analyze clinical and scientific data and provide clinical insights by translating the information into clinically relevant and actionable items for use in the field in alignment with company strategies.
- Participate in national and regional conferences, Advisory Boards, meetings, and other scientific venues, as appropriate, to support Calliditas Medical/Clinical strategy and to obtain new competitive information, keep abreast of clinical trends, and support and maintain relationships with key investigators and scientific research.
- Working in conjunction with the medical affairs and clinical development teams, evaluate potential external clinical research collaboration opportunities and facilitate the conduct of external clinical investigator-initiated studies (IISs) and company-sponsored trials.
- Monitor the competitive environment for advances and trends in our therapeutic areas, including new treatment management and new therapies, as well as competitive products and features and provide feedback to the senior leadership team on specific initiatives of competitors to impact strategy development.
- Maintain deep scientific and medical knowledge of glomerulonephritis and IgAN disease state topics, and awareness of current patient care challenges and up to date treatment guidelines and recommendations that impacts clinical decision making.
Education and experience requirements
- MD or DO degree
- At least 5 years previous clinical experience in nephrology.
- Demonstrated ability, or potential, to excel in smaller entrepreneurial organizations.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills (including strong demonstration of ability to network) required.
- Ability to travel up to 60% for territory management, attendance at regional and national conferences/workshops, and attendance at company meetings.
- Able to prioritize, respond to directives, and work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!
Calliditas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status. For a copy of the Affirmative Action Plan and EEO Statement, contact [email protected].
Calliditas is an E-Verify employer.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.