Calliditas is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted accelerated approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO® and conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO®.
TARPEYO and KINPEYGO® are the first treatments approved for IgA nephropathy by the FDA and EMA, respectively.
Calliditas also has a pipeline in orphan-focused indications. Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, setanaxib.
Calliditas’ common shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and its American Depositary Shares are listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
The Rare Disease Account Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a
business/sales plan for maximizing net sales of product(s) that is aligned with the direction from commercial leadership and with all company guidelines, policies, and directives. The Rare Disease Account Manager will conduct business/sales with key targeted specialist healthcare providers.
This position reports into the Regional Business Director of the designated territory.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and implement a business plan to maximize territory sales for TARPEYO.
The business plan will align with the direction from commercial leadership and with all company guidelines, policies, and directives.
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives, etc to meet or exceed expectations.
- Effectively promote and educate targeted physicians and their practices including,
physician colleagues, RNs, NPs, PAs, MAs and office staff on Calliditas Therapeutics' product(s) using company approved resources, sales materials and promotional activities/initiatives as identified by sales leadership.
- Achieve sales goals while adhering to ethical sales practices, compliance guidelines and promotional regulations.
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set metrics and optimizes reach, coverage and frequency to key customers.
- Effectively handle objections and concerns while moving the customer to logical and reasonable calls to action.
- Continuously build knowledge of customer, territory, market dynamics, product,
competitors and disease state.
- Share market intelligence to optimize brand strategy and execution.
- Effectively communicate product value proposition to customers.
- Develop and maintain superior relationships with key decision makers and influencers (MDs, RNs, NPs, PAs, PharmDs, MAs, office staff, etc.) within target physician offices and hospitals.
- Deliver brand messaging in person and virtually to ensure comprehensive coverage of the territory.
- Report and submit sales calls, reports, activities and territory expenses timely and
accurately as defined by sales leadership.
- Approximately 60% (dependent on geography) travel expectation - overnight travel is required in this role.
- Meet all requirements for health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing to gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory.
Education and experience requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College/University is required.
- A minimum of five years successful pharmaceutical sales experience - with at least 2 of these years in specialty and/or hospital sales.
- Experience in nephrology or rare/orphan (specialty product) experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in working with specialty drugs via a HUB distribution model is preferred.
- Launch experience.
- Proven track record of successful performance - must have documentation - national awards.
- Excellent presentation skills - ability to proactively identify customer's style / behavior and quickly adapt selling approach.
- Demonstrates in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product, and competitor; recognized as an expert resource by all relevant stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities.
- Experience working territory alone yet collaborating and partnering with a team.
- Ability to sell both "face to face" and virtually via Zoom/Teams/teleconferencing.
- Builds collaborative partnerships and operates effectively in a matrix environment.
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges.
- Influences others and is viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers.
- Consistently displays positive attitude through challenges and change.
- Meet all requirements for health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing to gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases.
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!
Calliditas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status. For a copy of the Affirmative Action Plan and EEO Statement, contact [email protected].
Calliditas is an E-Verify employer.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.