Calliditas is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted accelerated approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO® and conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO®.
TARPEYO and KINPEYGO® are the first treatments approved for IgA nephropathy by the FDA and EMA, respectively.
Calliditas also has a pipeline in orphan-focused indications. Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, setanaxib.
Calliditas’ common shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and its American Depositary Shares are listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
The Manager, US Speaker Bureau & Conference Support will be responsible for managing all aspects of Speaker Bureau and National Conference planning, development, and execution in line with strategic brand objectives. The role will require management in the following key areas: Speaker Bureau management, educational content development, national conference planning and execution, and cross functional matrix management. Success in this role will require close interaction and communication with Speaker Bureau HCPs and key KOLs, as well as communication and alignment across brand team, internal functions, and multi-agency management.
The Manager, US Speaker Bureau & Conference Support will report to the Director, US Marketing Thought Leader Engagement & Strategy and will work from the NYC office, currently on a hybrid work schedule.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Speaker Bureau Management
- This role will be responsible for defining and delivering HCP education objectives, programs, and resources that achieve the over-all educational objectives, and achieving defined metrics.
- Manage all aspects of speaker bureau development and execution, serving as the primary contact for speakers, speaker training, logistics, and field force.
- Develop and manage promotional speaker programs content, ensuring compliance with SoPs.
- Develop and implement metrics plans and optimization.
- Agency management and oversight ensuring alignment with objectives and SoPs.
- The role will also share operational insights and knowledge from the HCP education effort to the Brand and HCP Marketers to improve impact.
- Develop national convention strategy and plans for key nephrology meetings.
- Manage all aspects of conferences, serving as the primary contact for budgeting, contracting, logistics, attendance, pull through and post-conference reviews.
- Lead commercial presence at national meetings.
- Serve as a resource for field teams who are managing regional/ local conferences.
- Create marketing materials to allow for the field force/HQ to have robust interactions at congresses.
- Lead product theaters at key congresses (materials, invitations, speaker management).
- Optimize organizational presence and key customer engagements through coordination with matrix partners (i.e., TL/ SMLs, Field, Medical).
Education and experience requirements
- BS/BA or equivalent required preferably in Marketing, Business Administration or other similar degree; an MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years pharmaceutical sales/or marketing experience in specialty or rare disease marketing, nephrology experience strongly preferred.
- Previous Sales/ Marketing experience desirable.
- Previous event management experience, preferably within the pharma industry desirable.
- Understanding of Pharma Guidelines and Sunshine Act.
Key skills, abilities, competencies:
- Strong scientific acumen and business acumen, with the ability to use knowledge of the industry and marketplace to formulate strategies that identify long-term benefits for our customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Collaborates with external experts, cross-functional partners, field-based teams.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Leads through influence and with impact across teams.
- Listens to and carefully considers perspectives of others.
- Self-starter. Takes initiative and works independently to successfully work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands.
- Strong strategic and tactical planning, project management, communication, and organization skills.
- Flexible and adaptable, addressing current needs while planning with informed insight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of compliance environment in pharmaceutical promotions.
- Travel expectations: 20 – 30%
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!
Calliditas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status. For a copy of the Affirmative Action Plan and EEO Statement, contact [email protected].
Calliditas is an E-Verify employer.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.