Calliditas is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted accelerated approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO® and conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO®.
TARPEYO and KINPEYGO® are the first and only treatments approved for IgA nephropathy by the FDA and EMA, respectively.
Calliditas also has a pipeline in orphan-focused indications. Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, setanaxib.
Calliditas’ common shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and its American Depositary Shares are listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
The Regional Business Director is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in an assigned market. This position staffs and directs a regional sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. The RBD will need to observe and identify market opportunities and challenges and subsequently develop, plan, implement, and follow through with action plans to positively influence opportunities and challenges within and through their team; this includes the development of team members towards corporate growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate in-field activity to achieve results and agreed-upon Specialty targets
- Maximize market, segment, and team dynamics to drive both top- and bottom-line results
- Ensure smooth, collaborative efforts in both day to day and long term business execution
- Develop and execute a strategic Regional Sales Plan that is focused on specific specialty targets and key business drivers while supporting National Brand and Corporate Strategies
- Set tone and pace for business process and organization
- Coach, mentor, educate and develop direct and indirect team members to enhance individual selling skills and elevate overall team performance
- Maintain required technical expertise in order to respond accurately to all questions regarding products, policies, and business-related issues from customers and representatives
- Hold direct reports accountable to behaviors and expectations
- Effectively plan and conduct plan of action and other meetings with members of the Region, other Regions, and Corporate Leadership
- Manages region budget and overall responsibility for P&L at region level in alignment with Corporate expectations
- Has complete understanding of all relevant compliance laws, policies and processes
- Ensures actions of self and team are fully compliant
- Provide direction and insights to key internal partners in business planning process
- Consistently exemplify Calliditas Cultural Beliefs and high ethical standards
Education and experience requirements
- BS/BA or equivalent required; an MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years pharmaceutical experience.
- 3+ years as a Pharmaceutical Sales Manager with successful track record of driving sales results within a specific region while leading a team of pharmaceutical sales representatives.
- Nephrology or Rare/Orphan (Specialty Product) experience is preferred. Strong Partnerships in Nephrology community desired.
- Expertise in product launch and coaching a face to face & virtual sales team.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to drive performance and form strong, productive partnerships effectively and efficiently.
- Applies advanced presentation skills for the delivery of corporate approved materials as well as highly adept in both verbal & written communication.
- Advanced business analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities, and threats
- Ability to articulate the scientific aspects of treatments and therapeutic areas
- Proven ability to deliver candid, effective feedback and efficiently manage performance
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions.
- 60% travel – specialty territories are larger and will require overnight travel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
Vision and initiative: Able to envision, catalyze, and build new business processes and infrastructure from the ground up.
Strategic agility: Processes varying data points and information into a coherent, long term strategic plan.
Healthy culture: Drives a healthy work environment for his/her team and colleagues. Cultivates an environment that encourages professional development and growth.
Comfort with ambiguity: Able to work through uncertainty and drive progress while adapting to evolving priorities of the organization.
Innovation: Creates an environment encouraging innovative thinking and encouraging novel ideas that meet the needs of patients; promotes and manages change to enhance medical affairs capabilities.
Entrepreneurial: Thrives in a fast-paced, emerging company setting.
Drive for results: Passionate for achieving and exceeding goals.
Influence and leadership: Influences without formal authority, able to establish collaborative environment and develop strong rapport with strategic partners.
Work style: Works collaboratively across expertise areas and functions; seeks to advance higher goals through healthy conflict; highly regarded across stakeholders.
Planning and organization: Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Communication: Communicates effectively across all levels of the organization and provide updates to the executive team on a regular basis.
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!
Calliditas provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other legally
protected status. For a copy of the Affirmative Action Plan and EEO Statement, contact [email protected].
Calliditas is an E-Verify employer.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.