Calliditas is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted accelerated approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO® and conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO®.
TARPEYO and KINPEYGO® are the first treatments approved for IgA nephropathy by the FDA and EMA, respectively.
Calliditas also has a pipeline in orphan-focused indications. Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, setanaxib.
Calliditas’ common shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and its American Depositary Shares are listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
The Director of US Digital and Omnichannel Marketing will be responsible for partnering with brand teams in designing, implementing, and evaluating omnichannel marketing plans. This position will be responsible for creating and leading tactical initiatives primarily with HCPs to enhance customer engagement and increase disease and product awareness. Success in this role will require the ability to pull through strategy into omnichannel plans leveraging strong analytics and insight generation skills and close interactions and communication with internal functions and external partners.
This is a remote position. Preferably, the individual will work from the NYC office, currently on a hybrid work schedule. This position reports to the Director, US Marketing Thought Leader Engagement & Strategy.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with Director, US Marketing Thought Leader Engagement & Strategy and key matrix team members to contribute to the overall strategy for TARPEYO
- Facilitate market research projects to effectively analyze customer insights, brand performance, market trends, and competitive response
- Work with analytics to identify customer segments and develop tailored approaches and messages to address needs
- Co-lead the development of HCP strategy, HCP message platform, key promotional resources, and other key projects/activities
- Identify customer segments and define customer journeys to move HCP through the decision funnel and drive prescribing behavior
- End-to-end project management and execution; tight coordination with IT, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and external agency partners and vendors to ensure seamless integrations
- Pull-through multi-channel and media tactics that align with core product messaging. Examples include website development, display ads, social ads, SEM, and emails
- Ability to build and execute measurement plans and understanding of KPIs
- Work with the media planning agency to develop media plans that will integrate with the overall omnichannel efforts
- Work collaboratively with the medical, legal and promotional regulatory team to develop and execute high impact marketing materials
- Effectively manage agency partners, the budget, and appropriate allocation of resources
- Track performance impact and adjust as needed. Experience with test and learn approaches and deep understanding of KPIs is needed
- Provide regular reporting on progress, challenges and solutions
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of the POA/launch meeting including any aligned sales training
- Fosters an environment of learning, open communication, and teamwork to maintain and expand capabilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS/BA or equivalent required; an MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, including pharmaceutical experience and 3-5+ years in omnichannel, multichannel, digital and/or brand marketing experience
- Knowledge of best practices in omnichannel/ multi-channel/ digital marketing
- Knowledge of MLR process
- Rare disease/high-value experience is preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to drive performance and form strong, productive partnerships effectively and efficiently
- High level of interpersonal skills and highly adept in both verbal & written communication
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across functions, build alignment and drive high performance around key performance objectives
- Takes initiative and works independently to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands
- Strong tactical planning, project management, communication, and organization skills
- Flexible and adaptable, addressing current needs while planning with informed insight
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions
- Strong understanding of digital tools and terminology
- Experience managing creative and media agencies and 3rd party vendors
- Ability to think strategically as well as pull-through operationally – full service/end-to-end management
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!
Calliditas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status. For a copy of the Affirmative Action Plan and EEO Statement, contact [email protected].
Calliditas is an E-Verify employer.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.