Calliditas is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted accelerated approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO® and conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO®.
TARPEYO and KINPEYGO® are the first treatments approved for IgA nephropathy by the FDA and EMA, respectively.
Calliditas also has a pipeline in orphan-focused indications. Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, setanaxib.
Calliditas’ common shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and its American Depositary Shares are listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
The Manager of Consumer Marketing plays an important role in the support and development of the overall commercial launch strategy for consumers in collaboration with key matrix team members. Success in this role will require close interaction and communication with internal functions and external partners. This position will be responsible for creating and leading tactical initiatives primarily with consumers to increase disease, product, and company awareness. The Manager of Consumer Marketing will report to the Director, US Marketing and will work from the NYC office, currently on a hybrid work schedule.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with Director, Patient Marketing and key matrix team members to contribute to the overall strategy for TARPEYO and Calliditas
- Assist with market research projects to effectively analyze customer insights, brand performance, market trends and competitive response
- Support the development of patient strategy, patient message platform, key promotional resources, and other key projects/activities
- Drive unbranded and branded tactics that are in line with core product messaging. Examples include website development, patient brochures, and supporting the Ambassador programs
- Work with agency partners to develop media strategy for consumers, including audience-building
- Pull-through multi-channel and media tactics. Examples include social ad development for all social properties, consumer CRM tactics, display ads, SEM, and webinars
- Work collaboratively with medical, legal and promotional regulatory team to develop and execute high impact marketing materials
- Interact and engage with Advocacy groups on an ongoing basis and evaluate opportunities for sponsorship/partnership
- Effectively manage agency partners, the budget, and appropriate allocation of resources
- Track performance impact and adjust as needed
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of the POA/launch meeting including any aligned sales training
- Fosters an environment of learning, open communication, and teamwork to maintain and expand capabilities
Education and experience requirements
- BS/BA or equivalent required; an MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years pharmaceutical and marketing experience
- Rare disease/high-value experience is preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to drive performance and form strong, productive partnerships effectively and efficiently
- Highly adept in both verbal & written communication
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across functions, build alignment and drive high performance around key performance objectives
- Takes initiative and works independently to successfully work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands
- Strong tactical planning, project management, communication, and organization skills
- Flexible and adaptable, addressing current needs while planning with informed insight
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions
- Weekend attendance at patient events may be required
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!
Calliditas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status. For a copy of the Affirmative Action Plan and EEO Statement, contact [email protected].
Calliditas is an E-Verify employer.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.