Calliditas is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted accelerated approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO® and conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO®.
TARPEYO and KINPEYGO® are the first treatments approved for IgA nephropathy by the FDA and EMA, respectively.
Calliditas also has a pipeline in orphan-focused indications. Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, setanaxib.
Calliditas’ common shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and its American Depositary Shares are listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
The Director, US Medical Information and Scientific Communications provide scientific, therapeutic, and product expertise to support HCPs, patients, and payers in making informed patient care decisions.
The individual reports to the VP, Medical Affairs. While this is a remote position, it is preferred that the Director is based on the east coast.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ongoing management of MI Call Center vendor Eversana
- Management of MI scientific and medical documents (Standard Response Documents, FAQs, custom responses) for pipeline and commercial products
- Responsible for annual IgANexus website development and updates, including vendor management
- Development of Medical Information and Medical Affairs booth materials
- Training of MI call center staff and other internal departments as needed
- Collection and reporting of adverse events and product complaints to the safety and quality teams, respectively
- Review of AMCP product dossier as needed
- Lead and oversee the development and implementation of comprehensive scientific communication strategies to effectively convey research findings, clinical data, and safety profiles to diverse stakeholders including healthcare professionals, regulatory agencies, and the broader scientific community
Education and experience requirements
- PharmD education
- 7 years of Medical Affairs experience (5 years directly in Medical Information)
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!
Calliditas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status.
Calliditas is an E-Verify employer.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.