Calliditas is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted accelerated approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO® and conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO®.
TARPEYO and KINPEYGO® are the first treatments approved for IgA nephropathy by the FDA and EMA, respectively.
Calliditas also has a pipeline in orphan-focused indications. Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, setanaxib.
Calliditas’ common shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and its American Depositary Shares are listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
The Calliditas U.S. Finance Group is looking to expand its current team. This Group is looking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst. The purpose of this role is to provide assistance with Sarbanes Oxley documentation, prepare fluctuation analyses of key balance sheet and profit & loss accounts, prepare supporting documentation for external auditor requests and participate in special projects and initiatives that drive automation within the accounting and reporting function.
This position would report into the Head of US Finance & Treasurer and will be on a hybrid schedule.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Assist with Sarbanes Oxley documentation of key controls.
- Balance Sheet / P&L fluctuation analyses (i.e. monthly, quarterly, year-to-date).
- Prepare quarterly memo & assessment on customer current expected credit losses.
- Prepare quarterly memorandum and assessment on New Accounting Standards and effects on Calliditas, if any.
- Support Sunshine monthly reporting.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors: quarterly and annually.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and monthly reconciliations.
- Monitor formal accounting policies and procedures to maintain Generally Accepted Accounting Policies.
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes.
- Monitor procedures to identify and suggest improvements in the accounting and closing processes.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives that drive automation within the accounting/reporting function.
- Assist with monthly Concur T&E processing.
- Support the weekly recording of sales invoices and notification to third party processor of cash collections.
Education and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Public accounting background (Big 4 preferred)
- 4 to 5 years of experience
- Passed CPA
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Highly self-motivated
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics (D365) General Ledger System a plus
- Pharmaceutical experience a plus
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!
Calliditas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status.
Calliditas is an E-Verify employer.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.