Calliditas is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. We have our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden and offices in the USA, Switzerland and France.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted accelerated approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO® and conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO®. Additionally, Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, setanaxib.
Calliditas’ common shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and its American Depositary Shares are listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
The Thought Leader Liaison (WEST) will play a critical role in developing and executing an overarching thought leader strategy and tactics for newly launched TARPEYO in collaboration with key matrix team members. The role will require engagements in four main areas: TL strategy and engagement, conference management, speaker programs, and multi-disciplinary account strategy. Success in this role will require close interaction and communication with key nephrology customers and institutions as well as internal functions. The individual will be responsible for gathering customer insights to inform brand strategy and planning. The Director of Thought Leader Liaison (WEST) will report to the Head of Marketing.
Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and implement Tarpeyo Thought Leader strategy for the West region
- Engage with key opinion leaders and serve as their primary point of contact for marketing.
- Lead and direct insight gathering among opinion leaders including one-on-one engagements, small group meetings, national and regional advisory boards and steering committees to gather actionable information, coordinating with other functions.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, treatment protocols and other market trends, report findings to marketing, provide actionable recommendations and pull through tactical initiatives
- Facilitate connecting opinion leaders to the appropriate internal subject matter experts as needed. Manage commercial advisory boards / steering committees.
- Identify, profile, cultivate and maintain long-term relationships with leadership at key professional societies
- Share management of all aspects of conferences, serving as the primary contact for budgeting, contracting, logistics, attendance, and pull through.
- Lead product theaters at key congresses (materials, invitations, speaker management).
- Manage onsite customer meetings, responsible for coordinating reaching out, setting objectives and follow ups.
- Manage speakers and service as the primary contact for regional speakers, speaker training, and field force.
- Based on customer insights, develop commercial strategy / tactics for key regional accounts (large institutions, group practices, and key community centers). Drive execution of special projects.
Education and experience requirements
- BS/BA or equivalent required preferably in Marketing, Business Administration or other similar degree; an MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 6-8 years pharmaceutical sales/or marketing experience in specialty or rare disease marketing, nephrology experience strongly preferred
- Previous TLL and/or Field experience desirable
Key skills, abilities, competencies:
- Strong scientific acumen and business acumen, with the ability to use knowledge of the industry and marketplace to formulate strategies that identify long-term benefits for our customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Collaborates with external experts, cross-functional partners, field-based teams.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Leads through influence and with impact across teams.
- Listens to and carefully considers perspectives of others.
- Self-starter. Takes initiative and works independently to successfully work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands.
- Strong strategic and tactical planning, project management, communication, and organization skills.
- Flexible and adaptable, addressing current needs while planning with informed insight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of compliance environment in pharmaceutical promotions.
- Ability to travel ~60-70%; could be less based on geography
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!