Calliditas is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. We have our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden and offices in the USA, Switzerland and France.
Calliditas’ lead product, developed under the name Nefecon, has been granted accelerated approval by the FDA under the trade name TARPEYO® and conditional marketing authorization by the European Commission under the trade name KINPEYGO®. Additionally, Calliditas is conducting a Phase 2b/3 clinical trial in primary biliary cholangitis and a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial in head and neck cancer with its NOX inhibitor product candidate, setanaxib.
Calliditas’ common shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and its American Depositary Shares are listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
In the role as Procurement Director you will be responsible for the company´s direct material supplier base, for both development and commercial supply chains, including logistics, with the objective to ensure that the products are available when and where needed. The responsibilities also include sourcing activities, supplier management as well as support of supply chain design and supply chain planning.
You report to VP Operations.
- Run sourcing activities and identify potential suppliers; run RFI and RFP events; select and qualify suppliers.
- Lead contract negotiations.
- Supplier management including:
- Own and manage the relationship with the suppliers.
- Understand the supplier value stream and challenges
- Drive supplier performance.
- Define and monitor supplier KPI:s.
- Qualify (re-evaluate) suppliers as outlined in SOPs.
- Identify and manage risks related to the suppliers.
- Work with other functions within the company to ensure a supplier base which supports the business needs (technology, development services, manufacturing capacity etc).
- Support development projects with supply chain design and sourcing activities.
- Create and maintain processes for sourcing and supplier management
- Take an active part in Operation’s Leadership Team.
- Contribute to developing and grow the Sourcing & Supply Chain function to meet future requirements, both internal as well as external.
- Be compliant with relevant guidelines, SOP´s and regulations.
- Develop fundament for future growth.
Experience and competence
The assignment requires previous experience from working with supplier management, R&D and manufacturing in a regulated market. You also need to have experience in sourcing of complex materials contracts negotiations and management of international contacts. Skills in Supply Chain design and planning is meritorious as well as an academic degree (Master of science) in a suitable field. The role also demands experience from Pharma or MedTech industry or an equivalent regulated industry. We expect you to be fluent in English, orally and written. Knowledge in Swedish is meritorious. Strong oral and written communication skills is required as well as good analytical skills.
You can use the sourcing processes in an agile way and have the capability to work both strategically and operationally when required. The role demands a thorough understanding of the whole supply chain. It is important that you can familiarize yourself with the company´s business to understand how to interact with suppliers and understand the contract manufacturers' process.
Furthermore, you have a collaborative approach, a strong inner drive and a commercial understanding. As a person you are energetic and self-motivated with a willingness to learn. You can leverage a range of influencing techniques and are able to manage change and multiple projects/tasks effectively. Additionally, you have a demonstrated success working in a team environment.
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Fast paced small company environment
- A unique corporate culture
- Dedicated, experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Participate on bonus and benefit programs
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!