Calliditas is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. We have our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden and offices in USA, Switzerland and France.
Calliditas’ lead product, TarpeyoTM, is a proprietary, novel oral formulation of budesonide, an established, highly potent local immunosuppressant, for the treatment of the autoimmune renal disease IgA nephropathy, or IgAN, for which there is a high unmet medical need and there are no approved treatments.
As of December 15th 2021, the FDA has approved the commercialization of Nefecon (TARPEYOTM) in the United States thus making it the first and only FDA-approved treatment, and in May 2022 Calliditas received an positive opinion for the drug from CHMP in the EU. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT). Visit www.calliditas.com for further information.
This is a new position in the Finance team, and you will report to Head of Business Control and primarily be a business partner for the R&D operations unit. You will act as the finance representative in R&D project teams and support the R&D teams with financial and business advice.
As a business partner to the R&D teams you will be part of purchase and negotiations with external suppliers as well as manage expense analysis for R&D functions, thereby ensuring control, accuracy, predictability, and timely delivery of results. It is important that you understand R&D development/and economic drivers of actual results versus operating plan and Forecast for R&D units. You are also expected to support the Head of Business Control in ad hoc analysis or projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Financial business partner to R&D projects and functions
- Responsible for accuracy of R&D expenses
- Build and maintain financial models
- Support R&D department heads with financial performance analysis.
- Ad hoc support in strategic business decisions
Education and experience requirements
- University degree in finance or accounting
- +5y experience from business control
- Pharma industry experience is a must
- Negotiation skills
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company within specialty products with strong growth ambitions and a strong pipeline
- Be a part of the commercialization of TARPEYOTM in US and Nefecon via partners in rest of the world
- Fast-paceded small company environment
- A corporate culture out of the ordinary
- Experienced and highly skilled colleagues
- Get in on bonus and benefit programs
Are you the person we’re describing above?
Then take this chance and apply for the position immediately!