Calliditas is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. We have our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden and offices in USA, Switzerland and France.
Calliditas’ lead product, TarpeyoTM, is a proprietary, novel oral formulation of budesonide, an established, highly potent local immunosuppressant, for the treatment of the autoimmune renal disease IgA nephropathy, or IgAN, for which there is a high unmet medical need and there are no approved treatments.
As of December 15th 2021, the FDA has approved the commercialization of Nefecon (TARPEYOTM) in the United States thus making it the first and only FDA-approved treatment. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT). Visit www.calliditas.com for further information.
As Head of Group Accounting at Calliditas, you will play a key role in the Finance team. You will report to CFO and manage the Group accounting function globally. Your responsibility is to ensure timely and correct consolidated financial figures for the group. You will coordinate and plan the accounting team’s work duties to be able to deliver on deadlines. You will also have the responsibility for the entire accounting process from start to finish.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Make sure that accounting routines are in place that secure accurate figures in accordance with accounting standards/regulations, and requirements from Swedish tax authority.
- Annual and interim reports
- Support SOX compliance
- Make sure accounting principles are in place
- Develop and improve the routines and processes within the function
- Provide financial reports requested by Management or CFO.
- Point of contact and system support for the ERP systems used within the function (Microsoft D365)
- Responsible for Group to implement a group reporting system
- Responsible for consolidation reporting for the Group
- Continuously work with improving and developing the Accounting including IT-system support.
Education and experience requirements
- An academic degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar
- At least ten years of experience from accounting in an international company or audit firm.
- Experience from a listed environment.
- Experience from SOX is a merit.
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and corresponding reporting requirements.
- Experience from D365 is an advantage
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company
- Be a part of the commercialization of TARPEYOTM and our focus to file for approval with EMA
- Get in on bonus and benefit programs
- Fast paced small company environment
Are you the person we’re describing above? Then take this chance and apply for the position immediately!