Calliditas is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. We have our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden and offices in USA, Switzerland and France.
Calliditas’ lead product, TarpeyoTM, is a proprietary, novel oral formulation of budesonide, an established, highly potent local immunosuppressant, for the treatment of the autoimmune renal disease IgA nephropathy, or IgAN, for which there is a high unmet medical need and there are no approved treatments.
As of December 15th 2021, the FDA has approved the commercialization of Nefecon (TARPEYOTM) in the United States thus making it the first and only FDA-approved treatment. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT). Visit www.calliditas.com for further information.
The Assistant General Counsel will provide support and report to the Group General Counsel. The Assistant General Counsel will be a true partner of the Group General Counsel, will be deeply involved in all aspects of the group’s legal affairs.
The position is based in NYC. Travel within the United States for company events and compliance audits is likely as well as international travel to Sweden and Switzerland.
Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Assist the Group General Counsel with strategic transactions and internal projects
- Assume principal responsibility for corporate matters for Calliditas group affiliates:
- Serve as the secretary of the group’s affiliates
- Maintain their books and records and corporate data sheets
- Supervise annual report compliance
- Assume principal responsibility for the implementation and management of the group’s Contract Lifecycle Management System
- Ensure proper and timely initiation of legal support for contract-related projects
- Assist with the negotiation and signature of agreements
- Prepare model agreements and manage their use and updating
- Ensure timely management of the legal aspects of contract performance, amendment, and termination
- Assist the Group General Counsel in the design and implementation of legal compliance programs
- Monitor general corporate compliance programs
- Obtain and maintain state pharmaceutical licenses
- Monitor pharmaceutical compliance programs
- Assist with the management of outside counsel relationships
Education and experience requirements
- Doctor of Laws degree or equivalent required
- At least six years of experience, preferably including at least two in a corporate legal department
- Experience with the legal issues faced by commercial-stage pharmaceutical companies, preferably in orphan or rare diseases
- Working knowledge of at least one foreign language, preferably French or German
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player able to work in a fast paced, fast-growing organization
- Creative, flexible and logical mindset
- Good business judgment
- Cultural sensitivity and curiosity
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company
- Be a part of the commercialization of TARPEYOTM and our focus to file for approval with EMA
- Get in on bonus and benefit programs
- Fast paced small company environment
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!