Calliditas Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical company based in Stockholm, Sweden focused on identifying, developing, and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Genkyotex France is a subsidiary company of Calliditas Group, Sweden. Genkyotex France's activities focus on the characterization of novel NOX enzyme inhibitors in various in vivo disease models to support the identification of novel drug candidates in chronic inflammatory and fibrotic diseases. Our lead candidate, Setanaxib, is under clinical evaluation for Primary Biliary Cholangitis.
As part of the pharmacology unit, we are looking for a highly motivated associate scientist for a multidisciplinary position: the successful candidate will perform in vivo and ex vivo studies in the context of metabolic and fibrotic diseases, under the supervision of the head of laboratory.
One of the main responsibilities will be the establishment of new in vivo
models, their biological and functional characterization, as well as their use in the pharmacological evaluation of new compounds.
This strengthening of the team comes within the framework of a maternity leave.
The position is to be filled from January/February 2022 for 6 months.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of studies on in vivo
models in rodents, in compliance with ethical rules, to measure the activity of compounds, the identification and validation of biomarkers.
• Test candidate compounds to identify their pharmacological activity in these models via different in vivo techniques (surgery, administrations, samplings).
• Participate in the testing of candidate drugs in the PK and/or PK/PD studies as well as in the first toxicological studies.
• Identify biomarkers and signaling measures using cell culture or molecular biochemistry techniques (FACS, ELISA, qPCR, WB, etc...).
• Participate in the drafting of the department's administrative tools (procedures) under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
• Analyze and report data according to the supervisor's needs.
• Maintain a functional laboratory, technical equipment and tools (link with external companies for maintenance, orders, etc.).
• Weekend work with animals, alternating with the other members of the group.
Education and experience requirements
- Diploma in biology / biotechnology (bac +2 à bac +5).
- Diploma in animal experimentation (ex-level I or II). Ethical involvement will be required.
- First experience of 1-2 years in similar position in academic or inductrial environment will be an advantage
- Experience of in vivo pharmacology and ideally a experience of various in vivo and in vitro techniques (molecular and biochemical techniques).
• Being comfortable in teamwork is essential and autonomous in the organization of your work.
• Proficiency in computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...) and scientific English are essential.