Calliditas Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical company based in Stockholm, Sweden focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. Calliditas’ lead product, TarpeyoTM, is a proprietary, novel oral formulation of budesonide, an established, highly potent local immunosuppressant, for the treatment of the autoimmune renal disease IgA nephropathy, or IgAN, for which there is a high unmet medical need and there are no approved treatments. As of December 15th 2021, the FDA has approved the commercialization of Nefecon (TARPEYOTM) in the United States thus making it the first and only FDA-approved treatment. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT). Visit www.calliditas.com for further information.
Calliditas is scaling up its US commercial division to market and sell its treatments. The division is expected to grow from around 20 people to over 60 people in 2021. The General Ledger Staff Accountant is a key contributor of this division, helping to support and provide financial information to the U.S. finance and accounting functions. At Calliditas, finances are the fuel that keeps our company moving. We are looking for a qualified staff accountant to keep our company’s numbers and budgets on track with unwavering accuracy. The most successful people will have a natural passion for math, and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability and other financial transactions within an organization. Further, those who are well-suited to a career as a general ledger accountant are detail oriented, organized and accurate.
This position is based in the Hoboken, NJ office.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Execute mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, and data verification, enabling senior staff to analyze options and make financial decisions aligned with company objectives.
- Monitor policies and procedures for assigned departments and identify and suggest improvements for accounting reporting and recording procedures. · Perform mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, and report, identify, and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, deferrals and reclassifications. Perform account analysis to make sure that entries and balances are correct.
- Assist in providing schedules and commentary with respects to operating accounts results and variances, and with the production of working capital, cash-flow and applicable commentary.
- Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities and assets.
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Ensure data accuracy by conducting audits to maintain truthful and precise data in documents.
- Reconcile accounts to the general ledger. Ensure that all journal entries are accurate and that transactions are reported in accordance with accounting standards and government regulations. When errors are identified, he or she makes changes as necessary.
- Assist in documentation of key internal controls and control testing.
Education and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related business field as required.
- CPA desired.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant general ledger professional experience required.
- Experience with closing the books for a US company.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft D365 a plus.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Team player who is self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and positive demeanor.
- Strong problem solving skills, technical accounting and record keeping skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Must be organized, accurate, analytical and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to keep and maintain confidentiality. Knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.) a plus.
Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy and a rapidly growing commercial-stage pharmaceutical company.
- Be a part of the commercialization of TARPEYOTM and our focus to file for approval with EMA.
- Get in on bonus and benefit programs.
- Fast paced small company environment.
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!