Calliditas Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical company based in Stockholm, Sweden focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. Calliditas’ lead product, TarpeyoTM, is a proprietary, novel oral formulation of budesonide, an established, highly potent local immunosuppressant, for the treatment of the autoimmune renal disease IgA nephropathy, or IgAN, for which there is a high unmet medical need and there are no approved treatments. As of December 15th 2021, the FDA has approved the commercialization of Nefecon (TARPEYOTM) in the United States thus making it the first and only FDA-approved treatment. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT). Visit www.calliditas.com for further information.
The Manager of Sales Operations is responsible for optimized execution of programs in sales operations, including, but not limited to:
- Sales performance measurement
- Territory alignment management
- Call plan development and operationalization
- Data management & investigations
- Field reporting
- Promotional items fulfilment management
The individual will work primarily from the NYC office so NYC metro area candidates are preferred. Flexibility for remote work is provided in accordance with the current hybrid work model.
Travel expectations are approximately 20% and the individual will report to the Head of US Market Insights and Analytics.
Vaccination is a requirement, subject to any religious or medical accommodation.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Manage integration of Sales Operations function throughout the Commercial team.
- Develop and manage key cross-functional relationships with US Commercial leadership team (Sales and Marketing, Market Access), I.T., HR, Legal, Compliance, and others.
- Manage territory alignments (creation, periodic updates) utilizing territory design software.
- Work with internal and external partners to define and implement relevant sales metrics and dashboards for effective performance measurement.
- Manage Incentive Compensation plan design, goal setting, administration and reporting.
- Ensures the Master Data Management system and processes are in place to ensure a clean customer master.
- Manage all activities related to supporting SFA/CRM administration. Ensure CRM is deployed in an effective and efficient manner. Evaluate and implement commercial needs to establish new functionality or ongoing enhancements.
- Work closely with the Sales Leadership and IT to implement company’s sales and technology strategy.
- Ability to work closely with compliance on the support and tracking of Sunshine Act Reporting.
- Manage fulfillment of promotional items.
Education and experience requirements
- Four-year college degree with a Business and/or Quantitative focus.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience within the pharma/biotech industry managing Sales Operations.
- Strong knowledge of syndicated Pharmaceutical Industry data.
- Experience managing CRM (preferably Veeva).
- Experience working with Master Data Management systems.
- Knowledge of best practices, business processes and commercial systems across the pharmaceuticals industry.
- Ability to process large data sets programmatically (using SAS, Python, R, etc.)
- Insightful understanding of regulatory and legal requirements related to pharmaceutical marketing and promotion.
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills; ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing startup environment taking on additional sales operations responsibilities where needed. Change agile.
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy and a rapidly growing clinical-stage pharmaceutical company
- Be a part of the completion of the Nefegard trial and our focus to file for approval with the FDA and EMA
- Get in on bonus and benefit programs
- Fast paced small company environment
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!