Calliditas Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical company based in Stockholm, Sweden focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. Calliditas’ lead product candidate, Nefecon, is a proprietary, novel oral formulation of budesonide, an established, highly potent local immunosuppressant, for the treatment of the autoimmune renal disease IgA nephropathy, or IgAN, for which there is a high unmet medical need and there are no approved treatments. Calliditas is running a global Phase 3 trial within IgAN and, if approved, aims to commercialize Nefecon in the United States. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT). Visit www.calliditas.com for further information.
The Project Director is responsible for all development associated with an asset up to the marketplace including the overall content, and successful delivery of a project plan, in alignment with the project strategy and corporate goals. Lead the cross-functional project team(s) and ensure those project deliverables are clearly defined and aligned across the organization, to adhere to budget with timeline accountability and successful execution of the strategic plan for the program. Project activities include planning towards milestones, defining clear go/no go decision points, managing critical path activities, proactively identifying issues, and communicating project-related issues and to develop required contingency plans. The Project Director is also responsible for the project team performance and drive best practice of project management concepts and techniques.
Education and experience requirements
- BA/BS degree is required. Scientific, Technical, or Life Sciences discipline and/or advanced degree
- Excellent knowledge of project management discipline and its application to drug development required to deliver time, cost, quality, and risk management to teams
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively
- Able to motivate and develop team members and overall team performance
- Collaborative skill to actively plan and lead partnership projects
- 15+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience and of managing and leading multidisciplinary projects with thorough experience of the drug development process. Preferably also with experience from smaller pharma companies
- Fluent English (oral and written) required
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Result-oriented individual with capability to execute strategy and meet corporate objectives
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA-Nephropathy and a rapidly growing clinical-stage pharmaceutical company
- Be a part of the completion of the Nefegard trial and our focus to file for approval with the FDA and EMA
- Get in on bonus and benefit programs
- Fast paced small company environment
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!