Calliditas Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical company based in Stockholm, Sweden focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. Calliditas’ lead product candidate, Nefecon, is a proprietary, novel oral formulation of budesonide, an established, highly potent local immunosuppressant, for the treatment of the autoimmune renal disease IgA nephropathy, or IgAN, for which there is a high unmet medical need and there are no approved treatments. Calliditas is running a global Phase 3 trial within IgAN and, if approved, aims to commercialize Nefecon in the United States. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT). Visit www.calliditas.com for further information.
The Associate Director/Director of Sales Operations is responsible for developing, overseeing, and optimizing programs in sales operations, including, but not limited to:
- Sales performance metrics
- Sales targeting
- Territory alignments
- Call plan development and evolution
- Data management & investigations
- Sales data reporting
The position is based in the NYC office with travel expectations (approximately 20%) and reports to the Head of US Sales.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the integration of Sales Operations function throughout the Commercial team.
- Develop and manage key cross-functional relationships with US Commercial leadership team (Sales and Marketing, Market Access), I.T., HR, Legal, Compliance, and others.
- Manage territory alignment creation/modification utilizing vendor or mapping software.
- Work with internal and external partners to define and implement relevant sales metrics and dashboards to effectively manage the business.
- Design and administration an incentive compensation plan that is both motivating for the sales force and aligns with the business goals.
- Ensures the Master Data Management system and processes are in place to ensure a clean customer master.
- Manage all related activities supporting SFA/CRM solutions. Ensure CRM is deployed in an effective and efficient manner. Represents commercial needs to establish new functionality or ongoing enhancements.
- Works closely with the Sales Leadership and IT to develop the company’s sales and technology strategy.
- Ability to work closely with compliance on the support and tracking of Sunshine Act Reporting.
- Manage fulfillment of promotional items. Manage department budget and lead business planning.
Education and experience requirements
- Four-year college degree with a Business and/or Quantitative focus.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience within the pharma/biotech market.
- Minimum 5 years of previous Pharmaceutical Sales Operations experience.
- Strong knowledge of syndicated Pharmaceutical Industry data.
- Experience utilizing CRM to achieve Sales Operations goals.
- Successful management of master data files.
- Knowledge of best practices, business processes and commercial systems across the pharmaceuticals industry.
- Insightful understanding of regulatory, legal and requirements for pharmaceutical marketing.
- Established Business planning and budgeting acumen and judgment.
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills; ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing startup environment taking on additional sales operations responsibilities where needed. Change agile.
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy and a rapidly growing clinical-stage pharmaceutical company
- Be a part of the completion of the Nefegard trial and our focus to file for approval with the FDA and EMA
- Get in on bonus and benefit programs
- Fast paced small company environment
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!