Calliditas Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical company based in Stockholm, Sweden focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. Calliditas’ lead product candidate, Nefecon, is a proprietary, novel oral formulation of budesonide, an established, highly potent local immunosuppressant, for the treatment of the autoimmune renal disease IgA nephropathy, or IgAN, for which there is a high unmet medical need and there are no approved treatments. Calliditas is running a global Phase 3 trial within IgAN and, if approved, aims to commercialize Nefecon in the United States. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT). Visit www.calliditas.com for further information.
The Director, Market Insights & Analytics will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing the insights and analytics that will inform the US commercialization strategies in support of lead launch and pipeline products. The role will work closely with cross-functional partners in marketing, market access, medical affairs, clinical development, manufacturing, and our alliance partner to leverage data and analytics to drive strategy and execute excellence of the product through its lifecycle. The Director, Market Insights & Analytics position will be an important leader to support the mission to develop and deliver life-changing therapies in orphan indications.
The position will report to the President, North America and will be based in the NYC office.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Works closely with the leadership team to develop insights-driven commercialization strategies that result in the successful commercialization of company assets.
- Develops a deep understanding of markets or interest by synthesizing information and insights spanning different sources and types of data.
- Leads the integration of insight and analysis from a variety of sources (primary market research, CI, secondary data) to provide actionable opportunities/ strategies.
- Primary Market Research: Manages market research design (Qualitative/Quantitative) and execution (including vendor/project management) with minimal supervision. Generates and effectively communicates relevant/ actionable insights based on interpretation of results.
- Secondary Data: Generates insights from real-world secondary data sources for relevant disease states. Pulls data from syndicated data sources understands data strengths/ weaknesses and provides conclusions/ recommendations to commercial teams.
- Competitive Intelligence: Leads the generation of competitive analysis (congress coverage, alerts, company reports, etc.), ensuring implications are reflected in the brand strategy, the forecast, and communicated to key stakeholders. Develops a robust CI plan, aligned to key intelligence topics and key intelligence questions, to monitor the competitive environment and emerging data to inform clinical, regulatory, and commercial strategies.
- Collaborates with and is the primary liaison for insights associated with the markets of interest across functional partners.
- Forecasting: Leads long-term forecast model development, gains alignment on key assumptions within the Commercial team and effectively communicates forecast implications to senior management and key stakeholders. Performance tracking: co-develop, track and evolve leading PIs and KPIs across commercial functions.
- Anticipates business needs for research and additional insight planning. Accountable for management of budget and contractor/consultant relationships associated with analytics and insights plan.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and experience requirements
- B.S. in mathematics, statistics, or other analytics-related degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in pharmaceutical commercial data, and analytics.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources and their application to support business decisions.
- Experience using limited data to gain actionable insights.
- Rare disease experience preferred.
- Ability to combine primary data sources and secondary market research insights to support sales and marketing strategies and forecasting.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong PC and software skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional organizational, time, and task management skills. Ability to prioritize critical tasks and maintain high degree of accuracy amid competing deadlines.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy and a rapidly growing clinical-stage pharmaceutical company
- Be a part of the completion of the Nefegard trial and our focus to file for approval with the FDA and EMA
- Get in on bonus and benefit programs
- Fast paced small company environment
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!