Calliditas Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical company based in Stockholm, Sweden focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. Calliditas’ lead product candidate, Nefecon, is a proprietary, novel oral formulation of budesonide, an established, highly potent local immunosuppressant, for the treatment of the autoimmune renal disease IgA nephropathy, or IgAN, for which there is a high unmet medical need and there are no approved treatments. Calliditas is running a global Phase 3 trial within IgAN and, if approved, aims to commercialize Nefecon in the United States. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT). Visit www.calliditas.com for further information.
The Director of Marketing plays a key role in the development of the overall commercial launch strategy in collaboration with key matrix team members. Success in this role will require close interaction and communication with internal functions and external partners as well as the US leadership team. This position will be responsible for creating and leading tactical initiatives across key stakeholders to increase disease and product awareness. The Marketing Director will report to the Head of Marketing and is based in New York, NY, USA.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with Head of Marketing and key matrix team to contribute to the overall launch strategy for the leading asset
- Facilitate market research projects to effectively analyze customer insights, brand performance, market trends and competitive response
- Lead the development of patient strategy, patient message platform, key promotional resources, and other key projects/activities
- Drive unbranded and branded tactics that are in line with core product messaging
- Pull-through multi-channel and media tactics
- Work collaboratively with medical, legal and promotional regulatory team to develop and execute high impact marketing materials
- Co-lead the preparation and execution of the POA/launch meeting.
- Collaborate on the development and delivery of the sales training curriculum to the field sales force
- Interact and engage with US Thought-Leaders to understand current treatment landscape and informing commercial decisions
- Effectively manage agency partners, the budget and appropriate allocation of resources
- Track performance impact and make adjustments as needed. Closely manage marketing budgets to ensure expenditures are aligned with the brand plan
- Fosters an environment of learning, open communication, and teamwork to maintain and expand capabilities
Education and experience requirements
- BS/BA or equivalent required; an MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years pharmaceutical and marketing experience.
- Rare disease/high-value experience is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to drive performance and form strong, productive partnerships effectively and efficiently.
- High level of interpersonal skills and highly adept in both verbal & written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across functions, build alignment and drive high performance around key performance objectives.
- Takes initiative and works independently to successfully work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands
- Strong tactical planning, project management, communication, and organization skills. Flexible and adaptable, addressing current needs while planning with informed insight.
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions.
Reasons to join the Calliditas Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy and a rapidly growing clinical-stage pharmaceutical company
- Be a part of the completion of the Nefegard trial and our focus to file for approval with the FDA and EMA
- Get in on bonus and benefit programs
- Fast paced small company environment
Welcome to join the Calliditas Team!